Download as PDF: editor-cv-content-2020.pdf
Technically and creatively savvy picture editor with nine-years experience working with major international brands, independent documentary productions and narrative features for theatrical, television and web distribution. Five of those years include producing (as well as editing) original branded content with speed, reliability and technical knowledge to achieve consistent success for my clients.
- NLE: Adobe Premiere Pro; Avid Media Composer (2020); Final Cut Pro 7
- Media Management / Finishing: Da Vinci Resolve; Adobe Media Encoder, ShotPut Pro, Parashoot
- Motion Graphics / VFX: Adobe After Effects
- Graphics & Photo: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom Classic, Sketch
- Experience with all major camera systems, intermediate, & delivery codecs.
- Data best-practices including offloading procedures, backup, logging and transcoding.
- Finishing roundtrip procedures including delivering EDLs, AAFs, OMFs and consolidated projects.
Editor & Producer (2011 - current)
Independent editor with diverse credits include 2 feature films, TVC (web & broadcast), documentary and marketing branded content working both in-house and remote.
- Full edit workflow experience including ingest, transcode, organize, edit, conform, delivery.
- Remote experience: highly self-motivated work philosophy for reliable deadline delivery.
- Highly technical - working with finishing studios and broadcasters for accurate deliveries.
- Major international brand clients include Spin Master, Microsoft, Nestlé, Air Canada.
As producer, my experience expands into managing, budgeting, scheduling, hiring all aspects of productions both for brands and filmmakers.
- On-going collaboration with Studio MDHR for their hit video-game “Cuphead” with a cumulative total views of over 10 million. Budgeting, hiring, scheduling, documentation, output on short notice.
- Experience with grant submissions and negotiating with ACTRA.
Video Production Lead (2015 - 2020)
Responsible for all TWG video production efforts from conception to completion. Content ranging from marketing, documentary, and case studies. Tasks include scripting, budgeting, hiring, training, directing, editing, animation and delivery.
- Pitched, produced, edited original concepts including original documentary now playing on PBS.
- Heavy research to understand and translate programming concepts into visual storytelling.
- Creative focus on “human centred” storytelling: Proving effective in recruiting and retention.
- Direct working relationships w/ clients: better revision, deadline & expectation management.
- Cutting content for multiple outputs including social snippets, pre-roll, and closed-captioning.
- Training assistant editors, offloading responsibilities and managing work to build more robust team
- Trained design team in After Effects; building animated UX prototypes for pitches and ideation.
- Winner of six W3 awards for TWG video content.
Weber Shandwick Canada
Lead Editor (2013 - 2015)
Led all post-production endeavours including managing several simultaneous projects and deadlines for various clients. Responsibilities ranged from on-set data management to working sessions with clients addressing revisions as well as producing cutdowns of existing edits.
- Edited & animated all major video campaigns on tight turnarounds with minimal budgets.
- Managed team of editors, designers, animators and oversaw both creative and technical outputs.
- Clients include McDonalds Canada, McCormick, Listerine, Travel Ontario.
Editor (2011); Lead Editor (2012)
Responsible for editing from initial organization, transcoding phases to final output and occasionally colour pass and animation.
- Self-managing timelines was essential to deliver cuts for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Working directly with clients on updating cuts and managing revisions on tight timelines.
- Clients include Coca-Cola Canada, Glad Canada, Target Canada, TEDxToronto.
2007-2011 BFA, New Media -- Ryerson University
Peter Strauss Credits
2019 Carmen (working title) (feature) dir. Valerie Buhagiar prod. Falken/Aiken Heart
2018 Vermont’s Quiet Digital Revolution (short doc) dir. Peter Strauss prod. Holly Knowlman
2018 With the Tide (short) dir. Keith Hodder prod. Peter Strauss
2017 It’s Hard to Be Human (feature) dir. Valerie Buhagiar prod. Johnny Hockin
2017 Alone (short) dir. Amanda Row prod. Maxwell Loeb
2017 The Fall of Grace (short) dir. Valerie Buhagiar prod. Penny McDonald
2017 There I Go Rising (short doc) dir. Samy Inayeh prod. Sarah Jackson-Inayeh
2016 Caribou (short) dir. Amanda Row prod. Julie Baldassi
2015 The Brutal Ballet (short doc) dir. Jonny Pottins prod. Jonny Pottins
2014 Future Explorer (short) dir. Tyson Breuer prod. Tyson Breuer
2014 Biblical - The Quiet Crooks (music video) dir. Sean Wainsteim prod. Zerosix Productions
2013 Mackenzie’s Tributaries (short doc) dir. Sean Wainsteim prod. Geoff Morrison
2011 Van Gore (short) dir. Peter Strauss; prod. Peter Strauss Keith Hodder
2018 Director, Producer - Vermont’s Quiet Digital Revolution (short doc) co-prod. Holly Knowlman
2018 Producer - Niraya (short) dir. Howie Cheung
2018 Producer - With the Tide (short) dir. Keith Hodder
2011 Director, Producer - Van Gore (short) co-prod. Keith Hodder
Festivals & Awards
2018 Vermont’s Quiet Dig… FIN Atlantic Int. Film Festival; Vermont Int. Film Festival -- Official Selection
2018 With the Tide Emerge, Kitchener-Waterloo -- Off. Selection; Cobb Int. -- Nom: Best Short
2018 It’s Hard to be Human Female Eye Film Festival -- Winner: Best Canadian Film
2018 Niraya Independent Shorts Awards -- Winner: Best Crime Short
2018 Alone Toronto After Dark Film Festival -- Official Selection
2014 Mackenzie’s Tributaries Planet in Focus Film Festival -- Winner: Green Pitch Award
2013 Van Gore Fantasia Film Festival -- Official Selection
2011 Van Gore Winner: Hobo With a Shotgun Faux-Trailer Competition